Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 23, 2009

[A DiFFERENT KiND OF SATURDAY]

Its Saturday, I usually just go to the new house and work with Daddy and Mamma but I actually had a very busy day today that didnt involve going to the new house. First thing this morning I had to take Cam to the vet but not because he was sick, this time he just had to go for his regular check-up, a few tests and 2 shots :( poor baby. But he was such a good boy! Usually he is not very nice at the vet and has been known to try to bite but he didnt try to bite anybody today. I was so proud of him! So everything went very well and our little boy is healthy and is a whopping 10.2 pounds!! He is getting so big! Which I think is pretty funny when I think about Katelyn and how she is almost 4 months old and she doesnt weigh as much as Cam. But I am just glad that he is perfectly healthy!
After I got back from taking Cam to the vet I got started making a homemade caramel cake with homemade caramel icing for Nanna's birthday get-together tomorrow. I have never made that kind of homemade cake before so it took me a little longer than usual. I just hope that it is good :)
After I finished that I made charleston cheese for our neighborhood get together. A couple of weeks ago I got an invitation stuck on the mailbox about a neighborhood get together and I decided that I would go since I am here by myself most of the time lately I thought that it would be nice to meet people who live here. It was so much fun! Mamma went with me too so that I wouldnt have to go by myself since Chaz is not home yet. I wish he could have been home so that he could go. But hopefully they will do it again when he is home. There was a lot of people there and everybody was so nice. I met a couple there the are a lot like me and Chaz and I talked to them a lot and we said that when Chaz gets home that we should get together and grill out or something so I am looking forward to that.
Now I am home and just trying to relax. Im not very good at that lately because my knee hurts so much I cant even sit on the couch without it hurting, it is pretty much just a constant pain these days. As a lot of you know I had an accident with a horse 5 years ago and I really messed up my knee. I did physical therapy and everything when it first happened and it helped for a little while. Eventually my knee started giving me problems again and I ended up going through physical therapy 2 more times with no improvements. So in March of 2007 I had surgery. It helped for a few months but then it was back to the way it used to be but with 3 more scars. Ive been just dealing with it since then but about a month it was getting to be to bad and the other knee was starting to give me problems too so decided that it was time to go to a new orthopedic surgeon who is in Athens. I went to him the first time at the beginning of this month. Since my first visit I have x-rays, a MRI and exercises that I have to do. Well my x-rays and MRI showed nothing which Dr. Robinson said is a good thing but is also a bad thing : \ Its a bad thing because there is obviously something wrong because I am in so much pain but he cant see anything from neither the x-rays or the MRI. That would be my luck. So I went back this past Monday and he gave me more exercise and put me on Celebrex. Im a little weary of the Celebrex because it is a NSAID (nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug) and I had problems with another drug that was in the class but right after I took it it was taken off of the market. So I hope that this one will not give me problems like the other one but so far it is not causing me any problems. But... so far Im not sure if it is working either. I thought that it was working the first couple of days because I was not in as much pain as i had been being in, but then the past 3 days both of my knees have been killing me! I hope that it just has to do with the weather because they usually act up more when we have nasty weather like we have been having the past few days. So maybe it will start working better once this nasty weather decides to go away. I just want my knees to be fixed, if they causing me this much pain now I dont even want to know how much they are going to hurt when I get older if I dont have something done to fix them.
Now for an update on Chaz. He should be home next weekend. For the past week he has been working very long hours, 6:30am-midnight, almost everyday. Their deadline is the 27th but then they have to clean up everything and clean out the offices. Then on Friday they are going to have a big cookout and everything for everybody to get together before they all leave. So I hope that since they will be doing all of that by Friday that he will get to fly home Saturday morning. I am so ready for him to come home!
Well I guess thats about it for today. It just started raining... again. I will be glad when this yucky weather is gone too. I hope everyone has a good night!

No comments: