Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

[IT'S ALMOST CHRiSTMAS]

Since I just realized that I forgot to write about our Christmas tree and everything in my last post that I would just give it its own. We went and got our Christmas tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving from Jack's Creek Tree Farm. It is our tradition! I was glad that we went earlier than we did last year because we had a really good choice of trees. It only took us about 10 minutes to find the perfect tree! I was so glad because it was really cold. So once me and G-Baby decided that it was the perfect one and what we thought was the perfect size Daddy cut it down. I was so excited and I couldn't wait to get home and put it up! Well when we got home we were getting it off of the top of the Explorer and the netting got stuck on my earring somehow so I immediately paniced!! But Daddy very carefully put down his end of the tree and came to my rescue :) So then we managed to get it in the house without knocking my wreath off the front door. The when we went to stand it up there was a little problem...it was to tall!! By about a foot! I guess our measurement of the tree was not very accurate and we didn't figure in for the tree stand. I was pretty upset because there was no way that my Christmas tree was not going to have my star on the top. But Daddy assured me that he could fix it. So after some cutting and shaping it was perfect!! Also our tree is SUPER fat which is why I love it so much. But anyway... after we put up the tree we went and ate dinner with MiMi and P-Paw so we didn't get home until late so we couldn't decorate the tree. In fact we were so busy that we didn't get our tree decorated until this past Sunday... a whole week after we go it! But I must say that it looks great! We even got a special pregnancy ornament that has 2010 on it so we can always remember our "1st" Christmas with G-Baby :) Also over the weekend I got most of my decorations out and got the outside of the house decorated. And I must say that it is very pretty! It has grapevine wreaths with pretty red bows that I made on each of the windows, garland on the front porch rails with bows on the posts, a big red bow on the mailbox, our cute little light up deer in the yard and my awesome Christmas wreath on the front door. I wanted to put up icicle lights on the house but I only have 3 strands that my Nanna and Pape gave us and I haven't had any time to get anymore. So I haven't decided if we are going to go through the trouble of putting them up this year since there is only like 2 weeks until Christmas. We will just see I guess. But other than that all of our Christmas stuff is perfect!! Except there are no presents under the tree yet. I know, I know... I have only bought 1 present and I haven't even wrapped it yet. I guess I better get on the ball with things because Christmas will be here before we know it!!

I will try to remember to put some pictures of the tree and the house on here when I get a chance :)

No comments: