Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

[BEACH WEEKEND]

Me and Chaz had a WONDERFUL weekend! He took me to Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island in Florida. We had SO much fun! We found lots of sea shells and ate at some really good restaurants. He also got me a new bead to go on my Pandora charm bracelet to remember our weekend get away by. Its a light green and light blue glass bead and I love it. He is so sweet :) We had so much fun just walking on the beach and riding around looking at the island. We also went downtown to all the little shops, which I loved. One of the places that we ate at was called The Crab Trap. It was sooooo good! I could eat there everyday. The food was amazing. We also went down to the marina and looked at all the boats. Then on Sunday when we checked out of the hotel we decided that we would drive over to Jekyll Island and spend the day there since it was on the way home. We did pretty much the same thing there. We walked on the beach for most of the day and we had lunch at a little place called Zachary's, which was very good. The we drove down to the pier and around the historic part of town. It was so much fun for me to go back there since I haven't been in so long. Its funny how everything looks the same but how so much has changed. I still love it down there and we are already planning another trip back down there. It just brings back so many great memories being down there again :) While we were walking down the beach I saw a place where it looked like something had started burying itself so i started to dig it up. Well Chaz came to help me, bad idea! I had found a conch shell and when Chaz went to pull it out his finger slipped and it cut his finger open VERY bad. He probably should have gone to the hospital for him to get stitches but of course he wouldn't have that! So we just washed it and put a band-aid on it. Poor baby :( but I'm pretty sure he will be ok. That was they only bad thing that happened on the whole trip which was good. Well except that i got like 10 sand spurs in my foot! That is the one thing that I do not miss about Jekyll! haha. So we had a fantastic time there! Then we decided that we would ride over to St. Simons. So we did but we could never find out how to get to the beach. Every little road that went to it was a private drive so we just gave up on it and decided to head home. We took the scenic route because we were tired of being on I-95 after only about 25 miles and still about about 70 miles to go. It was nice to see some different scenery. It was a great weekend! I wish that it didn't have to end so soon but now we are back to reality and I already cut my finger at work first thing this morning. What a way to start my week. haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ZACH'S!!!!

I miss Jekyll!
Make sure you check out savejekyllisland.org!!!

Love ya!

Erica